Eating disorders, like bulimia, can happen to anyone. Most of the time it occurs in individuals who are desperate to get thin and stay thin. This eating disorder is characterized by a loss of control when it comes to eating. Binging and purging is the general cycle.
If you’re aware not aware of the bulimia facts, then you should know it’s time to seek help if you’re struggling with bulimia.The Roy Nelson Method™ can get you back on track.
8 Bulimia Facts You Most Likely Didn’t Know
- Depression often coincides with bulimia. Many times, depressed individuals are most susceptible to this disorder.
- The effects of bulimia can make it difficult for women to reproduce. Bulimia directly affects the reproductive cycle, and in some cases, bulimics may lose their reproductive abilities.
- The effects of bulimia can harm overall health too. It can cause dry skin, kidney failure, gastrointestinal problems, anemia and other issues.
- Dealing with bulimia is a lifelong struggle. Most people who are bulimic struggle with this disorder for their entire life.
- It’s possible that bulimia is genetic. In some cases, parents of bulimics struggled with the same disorder.
- Not all bulimics are stick thin. Many bulimics actually maintain a normal weight.
- Men can suffer from bulimia as well. Women make up the majority of bulimics, but many men suffer as well.
- Bulimia is a mental disorder. This disorder manifests itself physically, but it starts in the mind.
What Can Outpatient Programs Do to Help Bulimia?
The bulimia facts are there and there are numerous options to choose from concerning your care, but this may be time for you to consider The Nelson Method.
With this type of treatment, you’ll be able to continue living your life as usual. You’ll be able to stay in school or at work while taking care of your family.
The Nelson Method also offers in-depth individual and group therapy, life skills counseling, and personal growth. The Nelson Method will also help you prevent any relapses in the future and assist you in staying out of depression.
How Can The Nelson Method Can Help with Bulimia?
Roy has attended traditional methods like 12-step programs extensively, but believes for some they’re not deep enough to get to the root of the problem.
He believes addiction to have three components: a painkiller, an escape and a form of punishment. Unless the pain, the fear and the shame are addressed, then there will always be a revolving door of addiction present. With The Nelson Method, you dig down really deep to dredge up the root causes of what compelled you to become an addict. Chances are you’re probably running from something scarier than your addiction. From there, you’ll identify the problems and work through solutions to those problems.
You Know The Bulimia Facts So Don’t Wait to Get Treatment for Your Eating Disorder!
Remember, the true answer to your eating disorder is seeking assistance from someone like Roy Nelson. Roy knows the bulimia facts, has dealt with his own eating disorder and now helps others overcome it. Don’t put this decision off any longer. Make an investment in yourself by letting The Nelson Method tackle your problem with bulimia. You’ve got the bulimia facts now and know the dangers of persisting in the delusion that you’re okay without help, so go ahead and call Roy Nelson today at (800) 609-4061.