Eating disorders affect thousands of individuals each year, and they can lead to crippling anxiety, depression and other serious health complications. The solution for eating disorder treatment, apart from physical and emotional support, lies in holistic healing. The process of recovery doesn’t produce overnight results.
The Stages of Change for an Eating Disorder
It can be difficult to stop doing something that you have been in the habit of doing for so long. Those who have an eating disorder know this only too well. They develop habits like hiding food, eating in private, making up reasons for not being hungry and purging. Recovery involves a change on all levels of one’s life.
For this reason, it makes sense that stopping an eating disorder won’t happen overnight. Some individuals will feel more prepared to change than others. This is where the stages of change come in.
There are five stages of change. These are the stages that everyone with an eating disorder will have to go through in order to find recovery through holistic healing:
1. Pre-Contemplation: Denial is typical during this stage. These individuals will not want to change because they will see the benefits of their behavior as superior to the drawbacks.
2. Contemplation: During this stage, individuals consider the possibility that a serious problem may be on the horizon for them. The warning signs are there, and they consider what should be done to fix the problem.
3. Prep and Determination: Now, these individuals have made the decision that they want to make a change. They may reach out to a doctor or someone they trust. They have begun to research the problem and possible solutions.
4. Action: This is when the first steps toward getting better take place. Individuals set themselves on the road to recovery by seeking treatment from those who can help.
5. Continued Maintenance: After going through a process of healing, individuals must maintain their abstinence and recovery by seeking ongoing support and further healing of the underlying causes of their addictive behaviors.
Finding Recovery Through Holistic Healing
Only true holistic healing can take you calmly and thoroughly through the stages of change in order to seek full recovery. Just stopping the addictions is never enough. The process of recovery will not be easy, as it will engage your mind, body and spirit on every level.
Roy Nelson Healing and The Nelson Method enable you to address the underlying causes of your eating disorder and addictions so that you can live a life that is happy and useful, once your treatment is completed. Because you can still interact in the world as you undergo your work with The Nelson Method, you will be better able to live in long-term sobriety, once treatment is through. Your visits with Roy will be daily and frequent during the 28 day process. You will have total privacy and confidentiality, and during each of the stages of treatment, you will see improvement.
Roy looks forward to helping you overcome eating disorders, addictions, stress, and other symptoms. The Nelson Method can help you become the person you’re meant to be so you can live in total freedom.
Call Roy Nelson today to start your remarkable journey. It just might be the best decision you ever make for yourself.